Summary: Holidays are a time for celebration, and people all over the world mark special occasions in different ways. Here are some of the most popular holidays around the world:
- Christmas: Christmas is a Christian holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ. It is celebrated on December 25th in most parts of the world. Christmas is a time for family and friends to come together and exchange gifts, decorate Christmas trees, and attend church services.Opens in a new windowBankBazaarChristmas holiday
- New Year’s Eve: New Year’s Eve is the last day of the year and the eve of the new year. It is celebrated on December 31st in most parts of the world. New Year’s Eve is a time for parties, fireworks, and making resolutions for the new year.Opens in a new windowNational TodayNew Year’s Eve holiday
- Easter: Easter is a Christian holiday that celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is celebrated on a different date each year, but it always falls on a Sunday between March 22nd and April 25th. Easter is a time for egg hunts, church services, and feasting.Opens in a new windowFreepikEaster holiday
- Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving is a North American holiday that celebrates the harvest and the Pilgrims’ arrival in America. It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States and on the second Monday of October in Canada. Thanksgiving is a time for family and friends to come together and eat turkey, stuffing, and other traditional foods.Opens in a new windowCNBCTV18Thanksgiving holiday
- Diwali: Diwali is a Hindu holiday that celebrates the victory of good over evil. It is also known as the Festival of Lights. Diwali is celebrated in October or November. People celebrate Diwali by lighting lamps, candles, and fireworks. They also exchange gifts and sweets.Opens in a new windowWikipediaDiwali holiday
- Holi: Holi is a Hindu holiday that celebrates the arrival of spring. It is also known as the Festival of Colors. Holi is celebrated in March or April. People celebrate Holi by throwing colored powder and water at each other. They also dance and sing.Opens in a new windowDelish.comHoli holiday
- Kwanzaa: Kwanzaa is a pan-African holiday that celebrates African-American culture. It is celebrated from December 26th to January 1st. Kwanzaa is a time for families to come together and celebrate their heritage. They do this by lighting candles, telling stories, and eating traditional foods.Opens in a new windowWikipediaKwanzaa holiday
These are just a few of the many popular holidays around the world. When planning your next vacation, be sure to consider these holidays and see if there are any festivals or celebrations happening during your travel dates.
Holidays are a time for joy and celebration. They are a time to come together with family and friends and to create lasting memories. By learning about different holidays around the world, you can expand your horizons and appreciate the diversity of cultures.